The Argos Downtown Building Incentive Program is a pilot program to promote the improvement and maintenance of the buildings for future commercial development. The goal of this program is to enhance the appearance of, encourage improvements to attract new business, and stimulate growth of our downtown businesses through improved and inviting aesthetics. This program is for building owners and not the lessors. Grants will be awarded up to $15,000 or 50% of the project cost but can't exceed the amount of money the Town of Argos has allocated for that year. An application, review, and approval of the project will be made by the Argos Town Council or approved board. This is a case by case review of each individual project.
Example of Eligible Projects
- Facade restoration or repair.
- Doors, windows, awnings.
- Interor upgrades for new businesses.
- Masonry work, tuck pointing.
- Painting, cleaning of building facade.
- Interior electrical upgrades.
- Interior designs and changes.
Items not Eligible
- Work already started or already completed.
- Demolition of property.
- Building permit fees.
- Sidewalks or paving.
- Roofing repair or replacements.
- This grant is available up to $15,000 but not to exceed 50% of project costs.
- A completed application to be presented to the Argos Town Council or approved board.
- Two written estimates from licenses contractors with description of work.
- Photographs of buildings before and after improvements must be submitted.
- Grant approval is at sole discretion of the Argos Town Council or approved board.
- Rules and regulations of the Grant Program are subject to change at any time.
- The Town reserves the rights to amend the amount requested.
- Complete the attached application and submit to the Argos Town Council.
- Proof all building permit fees having been paid must be furnished to the Argos Town Council.
- Upon completion of project, all paid invoices will be submitted to the Argos Town Council for reimbursement.
- Projects are to be completed within on year of the Council approval of project.
- Click here to download the application.