The Argos Business Grant Program is a pilot program to promote the development and expansion of the Argos economy. The goal of this program is to expand and bring new business to the Argos Community. This program is for business owners. Grants will be awarded up to $10,000 but can't exceed the amount of money the Town of Argos has allocated for that year. The applications are researched and approved on a case by case basis. An application, reivew, and approval of the project will be made by the Argos Town Council or approved board.
- Businesses must be located within the corporate limits of the Town of Argos.
- The request must be made by a business.
- Project budgets with a list of expenses must be provided with application.
- The business must not relocate outside of the corporate limits within 24 month of receiving funds.
- The Town reserves the right to amend the amount requested.
- A detailed business plan will need to provided with application.
- If the application is apporoved, the application will be used as a legal binding contract. your business will also have to submit a report with receiptsof where funds were spent.
- All business incentive requests must be submitted on this request form at least 45 days prior to the needed funding date unless approved by the council.
- Applications with false information will not be processed.
- Please allow a minimum of one (1) month to process request.
- Your business will be notified once the application is approved or denied.
- Click here to download the application.
Considerations for Approval
- Number of new jobs being created. Number of jobs being saved.
- If the project improves the area and is located in an area needing redevelopment.
- If the business is from a target industry and helps diversify the town's economy.
- Amount of investment of applicant as percentage of total project.
Decisions are made on a case by case basis and are reviewed by the Economic Development staff and are approved by the Argos Town Council. Funding is not guaranteed, and nothing is final until official written approval is given. All decisions are final.