The Town of Argos B&R Building is available for your next event. The B&R Building is located at 194 South Michigan Street in downtown Argos.
Please visit the Argos Town Clerk to obtain a rental application.
B&R Building Usage Policy
The Town of Argos reserves the right to update this policy at any time. Please contact the Argos Town Clerk's office if you have any questions.
- Programmed Town activities have priority over private rentals.
- The 2-Hour parking signs are not enforced during your rental times.
- No alcohol, tobacco, controlled substances, pets or weapons are allowed.
- Shoes, shirts and appropriate dress must be worn at all times. Footwear must be of a type that does not mar or damage the flooring.
- Safety of participants and spectators is the highest priority. Any actions that jeopardize the safety of anyone in the building will not be tolerated.
- No wheeled equipment (with the exception of wheelchairs) will be allowed in the facility. (No bikes or skateboards etc.)
- Groups will ensure that children & teens are properly supervised. Children or teens will not be left unattended whether inside or outside the building without an adult. Children will not be allowed to roam or use the building without an adult present in the building.
- Use of the kitchen stove and refrigerator is permitted, however, you must provide your own supplies and/or appliances (i.e., Trash bags, coffee maker, coffee, utensils/dishes, towels, wash rags, cleaning supplies, etc.). The supplies that are there have been purchased for a specific purpose. Please do not help yourself.
- Please do not serve any form of RED drinks.
- An Application for Use of the Community Building must be filled out. When contacting the Clerk s Office to schedule an event, please follow through by filling out an application form, which also includes the Waiver and Release Form at the bottom of the application. At that time, a refundable deposit ($100.00) and a rental fee of ($107.00 (includes tax)) will be required. Your date will not be guaranteed until these fees have been paid. You will not be allowed to rent the Community Building if you have any outstanding bills with the Town of Argos.
- If you cancel your reservation at least 10 days prior to the rental date, will receive 50% of rental fee. Any cancellation made within 9 days of their rental will forfeit the rental fee but will receive their deposit. (except for Government issued COVID restrictions)
- You may pick up a key for the building and the dumpster at the Clerk s Office on the last business day before your event. This key must also be returned the following business day or dropped in the night deposit box at the Clerk s Office. Please make sure the door is locked when you leave.
- All groups who rent the building are responsible for leaving the facilities in the same condition they were found.
- Please report any equipment that is not working properly to the Clerk s Office. Any damage done to the facility must also be reported.
- Please remember to take ALL trash (including bathroom trash) out to the dumpster behind the building.
- Once the key has been returned, and the condition of the facility is inspected, a claim will be prepared for the return of your deposit. The check will be sent pending approval of the Town Council at the next regular Council Meeting.